Entry & Foundation Studies
The Entry & Foundation Studies provision has been developed for students who need
specialist programmes at this level. There are close links with the three local Special Schools so students can make a smooth transition after year 11.
All our students at Entry and Foundation level have unique qualities and different support needs, therefore we start with a period of assessment at the beginning of the year to identify your goals and set your targets.
The Entry & Foundation studies curriculum draws not only from what the College has to offer but also from the local community. Specialist teachers and a large team of experienced support staff work with you on your individualised programmes of learning. With the support of trained therapists, there is an emphasis on integrating therapies, such as physiotherapy, speech and language and occupational therapy into your overall programme.
- Students get the opportunity to take part in the Business Enterprise project
- Students develop skills in retail, ICT and working with money
- Regular enrichment activities such as music, Art, media, sport and cooking
- Help students prepare for adulthood and greater independence
- Students feel that they are a part of the College
- We offer a safe and supportive environment
For more information on the entry and foundation studies you should contact:
Head of Faculty for Entry and Foundation Studies
0208 376 5953