Whether you think that you could be Sir Alan’s next apprentice, or you see yourself as part of one of London’s many multinational corporations, the BTEC Business course can provide you with the skills and experience to get you started. BTEC Business is a well established and high achieving course. The subject benefits from having a dedicated and enthusiastic curriculum area who are determined to deliver a stimulating, interesting and successful course.
The course explores:
- Business behaviour and provides an understanding of how a business operates and what can influence its success.
- The business environment, examining a range of businesses, their ownership and organisation.
- Business functions like finance, operations, marketing and human resources within different organisations.
You will study:
- During the course you will be introduced to voluntary and compulsory work placement opportunities. Our strong links with employers will help to give you the edge when it comes to skills development and employability.
- All Business Studies students are expected to take part in an enterprise project to hone the skills and knowledge acquired throughout their study. This also provides our students the opportunity to showcase their talents and ideas in business to their college, family and the community at large.
- The Business Curriculum Area provides students with a range of trips to help inspire more of an interest in their chosen course of study. They include the Bank of England, Tottenham Hotspur, Bicester Village, Entrepreneur Live events and many more.
Where it leads:
Students often take a Business or Management degree course before they specialise or apply for work through the many graduate recruitment schemes offered by large companies. It should also be noted that lots of students are using the BTEC Business course as a stepping stone into another field, perhaps onto a totally unrelated course like engineering. These students have chosen Business Studies because it provides an interesting and work related alternative. Students can progress into a wide range of jobs and sectors. There is a role in every organisation linked to Business Studies. Learners may also progress within employment to professional qualifications, such as those offered by the Chartered Institutes of Marketing, management Accountants and Personal Development.
3 GCSE's at grade D, or a BTEC Level 1 qualification