Chemistry is the ‘central’ science and is at the forefront of numerous areas of leading edge research designed to solve current and future issues facing the Morden day world. Chemistry – A Level is the first step towards a career in this exciting field. Click here to find out what our students get up to.
- 1-2 Years
You will study:
- Basic chemical principles bringing together elements of physics and biology.
- The elements and their compounds
- Organic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- Inorganic chemistry
- Instrumental techniques for analysis
- Practical endorsement (use of instruments, report writing and research skills)
Where it leads:
- You can progress to university to study a degree in related subjects. Chemistry is essential for careers in medicine, pharmacy, dentistry and chemical engineering.
- 5 or more GCSEs at grade A*-C, including English and a B in Maths and/or Science.