Fashion & Textiles A-Level
This course encourages creative thinking, sharing of ideas and concepts, and an appreciation of the visual world. It teaches all the skills required to get started in the world of fashion, cloth-work and garment design. Click here for examples of work that our A-Level Fashion & Textiles students have been working on this year.
You will study:
- Drawing methods and mark making methods
- Mono-printing, etching and photographic silk-screening
- Dying, stitch and fabric manipulation
- Professional development and Portfolio preparation
- The work of other artists and designers through visits to exhibitions and guest speakers
Where it leads:
On to a foundation course at university or art college.
5 or more GCSEs at grade A*-C, including English or Maths, also including Art or Design and Technology (textiles, graphics and 3D design).
This course may run as a combined Art & Design A-Level subject to enrolment with an opportunity to specialise in Fashion/Textiles.